John 17 ISR2009
יהושע said these words, and lifted up His eyes to the heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come. Esteem Your Son, so that Your Son also might esteem You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give everlasting life to all whom You have given Him. And this is everlasting life, that they should know You, the only true Elohim, and יהושע Messiah whom You have sent.
I have esteemed You on the earth, having accomplished the work You have given Me that I should do. And now, esteem Me with Yourself, Father, with the esteem which I had with You before the world was.
I have revealed Your Name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have guarded Your Word. Now they have come to know that all You gave to Me, is from You. Because the Words which You gave to Me, I have given to them. And they have received them, and have truly known that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.
I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I have been esteemed in them.
And I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Set-apart Father, guard them in Your Name which You have given Me, so that they might be one, as We are. When I was with them in the world, I was guarding them in Your Name which You have given Me, and I watched over them, and not one of them perished except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be filled.
And now I come to You. And I speak these words in the world, so that they have My joy completed in them. I have given them Your Word, and the world hated them because they are not of the world, as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the wicked one. They are not of the world, as I am not of the world. Set them apart in Your truth – Your Word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also sent them into the world.
And for them I set Myself apart, so that they too might be set apart in truth. And I do not pray for these alone, but also for those believing in Me through their word, so that they all might be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, so that they too might be one in Us, so that the world might believe that You have sent Me.
And the esteem which You gave Me I have given them, so that they might be one as We are one, I in them, and You in Me, so that they might be perfected into one, so that the world knows that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
Father, I desire that those whom You have given Me, might be with Me where I am, so that they see My esteem which You have given Me, because You loved Me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, indeed the world did not know You, but I knew You, and these knew that You sent Me. And I have made Your Name known to them, and shall make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me might be in them, and I in them.”
Bold highlights are mine of course. יְהֹוָה gives יהושע whom He will. Are you given to יהושע? How do you know? How can you be sure? The answer is truly in this passage: “I have revealed Your Name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have guarded Your Word.”
To guard is to keep and to do the works of His Word! (A sampling of so many verses that reveal His truth IF you have been given eyes to truly and honestly see)
- Psalms 119:4 You have commanded us To guard Your orders diligently.
- Psalms 119:5 Oh, that my ways were established To guard Your laws!
- John 14:15 “If you love Me, you shall guard My commands.”
- Matthew 23:3 “Therefore, whatever they say to you to guard, guard and do. But do not do according to their works, for they say, and do not do.”
- Exodus 12:24 “And you shall guard this word as a law for you and your sons, forever.”
- Exodus 20:6 but showing kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My commands.
- Leviticus 20:8 and you shall guard My laws and do them. I am יהוה, who sets you apart.
- Leviticus 22:31 “And you shall guard My commands and do them. I am יהוה.”
- Leviticus 26:3 ‘If you walk in My laws and guard My commands, and shall do them,’
- Deuteronomy 5:10 but showing kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My commands.
- Psalms 89:30-32 “If his sons forsake My Torah And do not walk in My right-rulings, If they profane My laws And do not guard My commands, Then I shall visit their transgression with the rod, And their crookedness with flogging.”
- Psalms 103:18 To those who guard His covenant, And to those who remember His orders to do them.
- Psalms 105:45 In order that they might guard His laws, And watch over His Torot. Praise Yah! (Torot = plural of Torah = Teachings)
- Proverbs 7:2 Guard my commands and live, And my Torah as the apple of your eye.
- Proverbs 8:32 “And now, listen to me, you children, For blessed are they who guard my ways.”
- Proverbs 28:4 Those who forsake the Torah praise the wrong, Those who guard the Torah strive with them.
- Hosea 12:6 Therefore, return to your Elohim. Guard kindness and right-ruling, and wait on your Elohim continually.
- I Timothy 6:14 that you guard the command spotlessly, blamelessly, until the appearing of our Master יהושע Messiah,
- I John 2:3 And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands.
Repent for the His is coming quickly, as a thief in the night. Will He catch you DOING loving-kindness and right ruling? No one knows the day or hour He comes, yet we can know the season of His coming. Repent therefore least you be caught with out enough oil in your lamp!