- Deuteronomy 23:21 “When you make a vow to Yehovah your Elohim, do not delay to pay it, for Yehovah your Elohim is certainly requiring it of you, and it shall be sin in you.
- Deuteronomy 23:22 “But when you abstain from vowing, it is not sin in you.
- Matthew 5:33 “Again, you heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to Yehovah
- Matthew 5:34 “But I say to you, do not swear [vainly]i at all, neither by the heaven, because it is Elohim’s throne; Footnote: iShem Toḇ texts include ‘vainly’= Hebrew: Shaw’.
- Matthew 5:35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Yerushalayim, for it is the city of the great Sovereign;
- Matthew 5:36 nor swear by your head, because you are not able to make one hair white or black.
- Matthew 5:37 “But let your word ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No’ be ‘No.’ And what goes beyond these is from the wicked one.